Published on September 21st, 2020 | by Ben Lockwood0
Bringing Supporters back to Oakwell: Latest
BFCST, along with around 10 other supporter groups, attended an online fan engagement forum this evening which concentrated only on what the club has been working on to welcome fans back to Oakwell.
Firstly, and important to note, is that it was obvious that 100′s of hours of work have gone into what is a pretty complicated and complex set of requirements/problems to solve – with the safety of Barnsley supporters the paramount objective.
Everything mentioned here is subject to change based on government guidance and what is learnt from the trial games. Meaning nothing is set in stone and this is only a guide to current thinking.
- The club had hoped that 40% of stadium capacity could be achieved based on initial guidance, which should have meant all our 7,500 season ticket holders could have been welcomed back to Oakwell
- This is now based on available space in the concourse
- As a result, 3,769 is the current total capacity of Oakwell
- North stand with a capacity of 6,100 can hold 1,015
- East Stand upper will house 342 supporters
- The plan is to ask season ticket holders to form one-time bubbles of up to 6 people they come to the match with. Fans will have to do this in the online ticketing system.
- A ballot will be run for each match via Ticketmaster
- Those not successful in a ballot will get access to the next game
- The club are working on 30% of season ticket holders not wanting to come back (this number is based on trials so far). Meaning c.1,500 will unfortunately not get in to the first game
- A test and then pilot will be required first
- Working towards our Oct 17th fixture vs. Bristol City for the 3,769 attendees – but this may change
- Only digital tickets will be issued (Apple Wallet/PDF/Mobile). There will be no physical tickets
- Awaiting guidance on those without mobile phones
- No streaming codes will be provided for those with access to the game
- Club are hoping to start the process of getting bubbles set up towards the end of the week.
- Increases signage (and lots of it)
- Looking at potential one-way systems
- Improved hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser stations
- Outdoor portaloos as many of the concourse toilets will not be in use
- No refreshments on concourses
- Possibility of outdoor refreshments
- Plans to make use of outside spaces to the best of club’s ability
- Concourses will become corridors to get to your seat
- Supporters will be encouraged to wear face masks
- Awaiting guidance on wearing them in your seat during the game
- A code of conduct will be launched as part of the bubble process.
- 2m away from the closest bubble in all directions
- Alternate rows will be used
- Supporters will not be sat by their season ticket and may not even sit in the relevant stand
- Your allocated ticket will guarantee you entry somewhere in Oakwell
- Seat allocations must be strictly adhered to and will be enforced
- Unsure about the requirement for arrival/exit time
- South Stand carpark will be open
- Will try their best to make it an enjoyable experience
- Working through options to enhance the experience
- Possibility these will be available outside the stadium
- None in some areas e.g. East Stand Upper.
Barnsley FC and BFCST will share the full plans for returning to Oakwell as soon as they are confirmed.